Friday morning started with Charde and I presenting a ppt presentation to the pharmacy students at the hospital in France. We said our goodbyes to the pharmacy dept and off we went to our first and only community pharmacy of the month.
Almost all community pharmacies are independently owned by the main pharmacist who practices there. This differs drastically from all of our chain retail pharmacies in the US. The students here are always intrigued to know
we have pharmacies in super markets and that if you want 100 count
bottle of ibuprofen or tylenol, its no problem.
Charde and I really enjoyed our time at the pharmacy. All of the staff were extremely helpful and answered are many questions. The pharmacist who owns it took us out for lunch (pharmacy is closed 12:30-2:30) and we enjoyed talking about pharmacy and politics over lunch. She asked her son to come along because he is fluent in English and plans to study his masters in San Francisco next year.
She even invited us to her home directly across from the pharmacy for coffee and "biscuits". It was a lovely home and we enjoyed our time.
We ended our evening packing and cleaning with a dinner break in between. As usual, the place we ate was delicious. Tartines are a new favorite of mine!
And I can't go without Mentioning Charde and I had our first true cheese and bread experience Thursday night in celebration of being almost done with pharmacy school and rotations. We had dinner in our room prior but you can def make a meal out of just cheese and bread. Who knew?
Today is the day. Today is the day I have been counting down to since we arrived. Charde and I have had a wonderful time
And soaked up the experience But there's nothing like being in a romantic country with your significant other!
I am so excited to greet my husband in
Lyon! Maybe, just maybe I will greet him with the kiss on both cheeks just like the French do!
Pray for safe travels for jarod and Matt. They are somewhere over the ocean as
I type this.
We will all be traveling to Spain tomorrow! Looking forward to spending time
With chardes friend in
Spain and celebrating her birthday!






No comments:
Post a Comment