Despite being jet lagged and sleep timing all messed up, our first full day was great.
Our bodies thought we only wanted a nap Sat night when we went to sleep at 10/11pm here so at 1 am we were wide awake. Went to sleep at 3 am and didnt wake up until almost 10:45. The latest I have probably slept in years.
This post will be in pictures because we took most of the day to sight see and then went back to hotel room for our Easter Service via Lifepoint live.
We have been extremely humbled and intimidated by not being able to communicate well. We noticed a restaurant during our day that specifically said "we speak English" and so we planned to eat dinner there. Our meal consisted of burger, fries, salad. (I dont normally eat burger and fries in the states but food from home was comforting and actually really good)
We plan to eat "french" cuisine for dinner Monday night. Wish us luck!
 |
| View from the 1 million stairs |
 |
These stairs were impressive and kept going and going!
Charde and I climbed to the top.
All I could think was Matt would love running up this! |
 |
| Standing on stairs of Basilica of Fourviere |
 |
| Notre Same de Fourviere: beautiful cathedral |
 |
| Roman Theatre remains |
 |
| La Saone and LeRhone |
 |
| Expresso: my new "coffee" for the month |
 |
| Cathedral of St John |
 |
| Hotel we stayed at near cathedral of St John |
1 comment:
I'm loving all the updates & pictures! Keep them coming! Miss you!!!
Post a Comment