Sunday, March 04, 2012

The Lord's child, not the Nason's child

This weekend has been a roller coaster of emotions.

The weekend started with my frustration with health care. It was one of those weekends where I question why I am entering into the health care field. Before leaving ST Jude Friday, I was in a meeting where a 2 year old was being discussed. Her death was basically due to lack of concern by a PCP.

Although not near in comparison as the above, my frustration with pharmaceutical companies and RX insurance is at an all time high. My birth control went from being 25 a month to 60 a month due to a change in the savings card I received from the mnftr. The mnftr will def hear of my frustration for the lack of notice.

The weekend perked up with my special dinner out with my hubby thanks to Aunt Lisa, Uncle Don and Anna's birthday giftcard to Chilis.
And my parents arrived Friday night for a weekend of festivities. I was thankful they could still come to Memphis despite the terrible weather in Nashville. Thankful the storms did not devastate the Nashville area, but praying for those who experienced devastation from tornadoes.

Saturday morning we supported FAITH YOUTH missions with pancake breakfast! It was yummy pancakes to have been made in mass amounts! Thank you to the youth who served us during the breakfast!

Thanks to my Grand, mom and I used her carpet cleaner to clean the living room carpet as well as my bedroom. We have lived here over 2 years and have never had our carpets cleaned. The carpet cleaner did fabulous! Thanks grand!
We also spent the afternoon rearranging shelves to get cleaning supplies and glass bowls moved to higher grounds.
As linds says, "Sounds like nesting."....lol....maybe so...

Sunday I think I cried from the time I woke up. The devil has really been showing himself to Matt and I lately. We KNOW we are doing the right thing with the adoption, but man is the devil trying to convince us otherwise. From the moment I walked into worship Sunday morning, I could feel the presence of the Lord. It was just one of those days God was really stirring in my heart.
 I am so thankful to attend a church that truly worships and glorifies Christ through song, prayer, and The Word.

It was a huge reminder to me every child who walks through the doors of our home, whether fostered, adopted or biological, is the Lord's child. God gives and God takes away. If a child is only meant to spend a few months in our home, then I will say a prayer over the child's head and trust God to take care of him/her.

For those who say,  "I respect those who foster or adopt, because I would not be able to do it."
Some days, I do not feel as if I am emotionally stable. Actually, I know I cannot do it on my own, but I know He can. God is not going to give me more than I can handle. My prayer is to be able to love every child as God has loved me and sent his son to die for MY sins. This is all He asks of me.

The child God has chosen to be a part of our family is His child. I pray I never forget this.

All I can say is Brother Ryan preached this morning and The Truth was convicting!
Greater things are yet to be done, Greater things are still to be done in this city. I truly believe this statement. I get emotional every time I think about the city of Memphis and the revival it needs.
5 babies needed to be placed in Christian homes this week through the state.
In the very near future, I will be a part of making a difference in this city one child at a time.

No comments: