Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Birthday week to Allen Nason and Amanda Carr

Sunday was Allen, my brother in law, and Amanda, my cousins birthday!! Hope both of them enjoyed their special day!

Matt and I started our morning enjoying the day the Lord had made by running! It was such a beautiful morning to run. It reminded me of mornings in Florida on the beach. It was crisp with a slight breeze and sun was shining bright!

We went to SS and worship where we heard a phenomenal message by Dr. Ryan J. Oh how He preaches the Truth. Only a man filled with the Spirit and passion for radical-like faith can preach like he does.
I leave every Sunday when he preaches convicted of my complacency of doing "just enough."
It seriously made me want to leave for Germany tomorrow (you would have to be there to understand why Germany)
But in all honesty, I am guilty of reaping the benefits of being a blessed Christian, but yet I do not on a daily basis say, "Lord, my body is a living sacrifice for You today." Ryan made a good point when he said we undermine the value of salvation when we say the gift is "free." It is free in the sense that none of us deserved Christ dieing for our sins, but free does not mean we do nothing in return for His Kingdom. Jesus gave His life for each of us, the least we could do was serve him in EVERY aspect of our life


Matt and I went to eat with Allen and family for his birthday at Sweet Pea in Memphis. (another restaurant Matt and I had been wanting to try)
For my Nashville family, it brought back so many GREAT memories of meals at Cousers Southern Restaurant!! I really want to go eat there as a family for old times sake one weekend when were in town.

No comments: