The day started with Matt and I enjoying a 7:30am Shelby Farms run. With rotation and work schedule, it is rare Matt and I are able to run together so we cherish the time we are able to do it.
Stacy arrived at my house at 9:00 am with a car packed ready to get started. (We were suppose to start at 9:30 am....lol....)
Shortly after Lindsay and Chris arrived with a car loaded with baby and house items as well.
The first task was to empty the guest bedroom to make room for the child's room. Basically, it all ended up in my living room
You have to make a mess in order to get a masterpiece, right?
Stace brought everything with her, including cleaning supplies...(I guess she knows I do not clean..ha)
The first room to be taken care of was the child's bathroom. Stace and Linds shut the door and would not let me take part to make it a surprise. It is so cute and so gender neutral! I love it! The kid even has spongeBOB soap, a toothbrush, and towels!
The next adventure was fixing up the baby room. Stace/Linds continued to surprise me as they brought more and more pieces of furniture into my house.
The finished product looks incredible!!! I am so thankful for their help! Both of them sacrificed a full day to re-organize my home and create a child's atmosphere.
The guest bedroom quickly became the child's room. But I also still needed a guest bedroom; therefore we took on project number 2.
In the midst of the project, Matt posted pictures of a futon on craigslist and sold it the same day. God never ceases to take care of us. BTW, if anyone is looking for a massive TV, we are saleing one on craigslist. Email me for details! :)
Room number 2:
Mom and Dad are coming to visit next weekend for a UT Pharmacy Rho Chi Honors Society banquet. They still will have a place to sleep! :)
Linds and I made a quick trip to Lowes for a few hardwares pieces and organizational structure for the garage (once again, thanks stace!). We were quite clueless and we must have appeared this way. Every sales rep was asking if he/she could help. ha
Stace stayed at the house and worked on the kitchen.
When we returned from Lowes this is what we found.....
What an awesome way to use pictures! I never would have thought to do this!
All of us were beginning to fade with lack of food (thanks to Matt for Digorno pizza to hold us over) and having to concentrate/focus way too much. Hanging pictures evenly is not an easy job when you are tired. ha
We moved into the living room. Everything in the living room was either moved to the garage or the kitchen. I have not had this much stuff in our garage since we moved here. Even all my school notebooks are in the garage now. I am glad they are out of the house!
If you have been to my house, this is a major furniture re-arrangement. It will take some time getting used to, but I love it! It is so nice to have something new! I am so bad about being a risk taker and just trying something to see if I like it. Stace contributed many of the new living room pieces from her own home, and I am so grateful!
I love love love the kid's table and chairs! It makes it look like I have a child's breakfast nook right by the window! It is precious!
The last goal for the day was to hang kitchen pictures. This job took much longer than the others because we were tired and not loving the placement. But we finally found an arrangement that works. We just need to purchase a few items to make it complete.
THANK YOU TO STACY AND LINDSAY FOR SACRIFICING YOUR SATURDAY TO PREPARE MY HOME FOR THE CHILD GOD HAS CHOSEN.
I cannot thank you enough! Matt and I have been blessed today, and we want to be a blessing to others.
I want to give a BIG shout out to the boys: Chris and Matt. Chris made the drive to Jackson on Thursday and to my home this morning to bring all the items in the car. Chris was a handyman as soon as he arrived...started unloading and tightening screws. And thank you for sharing your wife for the day!
Matt was a big help in the afternoon: moving items to the garage, posting Craigslist items, making sure we were fed, and hanging items as we asked. What an awesome husband!
One more thank you to Lindsay and Stace for the time they have invested into today besides for the actual day. They have both spent countless hours searching Ebay and Craigslist for just the perfect items. They both spent time putting baby furniture pieces together without instructions....thank goodness for google. ha I know there has been so much work and effort into this project. I wanted to make sure it did not go unnoticed. I cannot wait until a child of God is able to utilize all of the pieces of love! Thanks again friends!
We ended the evening by having dinner at Firebirds! All of us love the food and atmosphere! It has a special place in Matt and I's lives due to working there a short time!
P.S. PROPS TO MAMA JANE FOR OPENING HER HOME TO 7 CHILDREN THIS WEEKEND! (3 grandchildren, Kam, and Nick, Timmy, Emily) OUR FUTURE LITTLE ONE WILL MAKE IT 8!! ARE YOU READY LOLLI AND POP? :)
She came by after the kids all had baths to check out the new rooms! She was blown away by the kindness and love!

















No comments:
Post a Comment