- Brayden
- "broad; brave"
- Although we hope B turns out to be "brave," the meaning behind his name was not the reason we chose to keep his biological first name.
- B is now 18 months old and knows his name is Brayden. He answers to Brayden and follows commands to Brayden. It was important to us we left his first name his given name.
- By keeping his biological first name, he will always have a small piece of his biological mother with him. This was the name she chose for him and it makes it special for that very reason.
- Matthew
- Greek form of the Hebrew name מַתִּתְיָהוּ (Mattityahu) meaning "gift of YAHWEH"
- B has been a gift to us from day one. We were first introduced to him by the Gaskins when he was two weeks old and instantly fell in love. We joked he could be ours one day (I was not on board with this theory). But now 1.5 years later, we are adopting him into our family.
- Matthew is Biblical and he was a disciple of Jesus.
- Matthew is Matt's legal name.
- Matthew was not even in our first choices for his middle name until we really started to think about the significance of it.
- Other middle names included: Alexander (biological middle name), Bailey (bio last name), Wayne (First foster family)
- In Ethiopia, the child's middle name is always the father's first name.
- Although B is not Ethiopian, we have good friends the Dunlaps who adopted from Ethiopia and their son Yohannas loves the fact his middle name is his Father's first name. He is proud of it.
- We hope B will appreciate it one day as well.
- Nason
- Hebrew name meaning "He (God) has given"
- Family name
- Just as I was "adopted" into the Nason family when Matt and I married, I am grateful for friends and family accepting B as if I had given birth to him. He has brought joy to our family, and I am excited to be able to watch B grow in "wisdom and stature."
Two simple people striving to follow God's calling on our lives to be a "father to the fatherless."
Monday, August 19, 2013
Significance of a name BMN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment