KKB's (mother of B) rights of B were terminated by a judge in April of 2013. We met with an adoption specialist June of 2013 and it took until August to get to this point. The attorney office has had our petition ready for over a month but DCS has been backed up.
Matt and I were given a notebook of B's DCS records and birth records until this point. We signed quite a few documents for DCS because they require duplicate copies of many forms. We took pictures to document since B doesnt understand right now.
![]() |
| Matt practiced his signature for this day. |
| Signing the intent to adopt form. I look so serious but it really was a happy moment :) |
Perfect Picture of Grace we do not deserve:
Next we met with Attorney Weaver and read over the petition and signed it. He is extremely personable, and a Christian man who loves Jesus and people. He genuinely wanted to know what we did and discussed C's case as well. As Matt described ONEless ministries to him and made connections with men of the Faith he respected, he was excited to be representing us.
Matt and I went to this meeting fully prepared to write a check for over $1000 for B's adoption but because of him believing in the Lord's work Matt is a part of, he graciously waived all fees other than court cost.
We were shocked, thankful, joyful, in awe, bewildered of why he would want to do this for us not even knowing us. What a perfect picture of God's grace.
I left his office with gratefulness in my heart. I couldn't think God enough for his very intentional reminder that Matt and I are right where He wants us to be.
Tentatively we are scheduled to go to court in front of a judge the morning of August 19th. Seeing B's new legal name on paper made it all so much real for me. We are going to have a son and he is a part of our forever family.

1 comment:
LOVE this SO much! So glad to hear that you guys didn't even have to pay the fees, too! That's amazing! We love the Nasons...all of you!
Post a Comment