Many of you reading this blog are well aware that on Monday of this week, August 19th, Brayden Alexander Bailey was adopted into our family and became Brayden Matthew Nason. It was a celebration day for sure.
We arrived at 9 am at Chancellor's Court downtown and within an hour, it was complete.
Matt and I were sworn in followed by each of us taking the stand and
answering questions from Attorney Weaver. The Judge listened intently
and at the end he made it official and came off of his stand to take
numerous pictures. It literally happened within 5-10 minutes, but I made sure to take
it all in. It is an experience I will never forget.
The day was made extra special by our numerous "witnesses" in the court room as B became a Nason. The Parrish, Nason, Lemonds, Gaskins, Leatherwood, and Longserre families were all represented. I am extremely grateful to everyone who made Monday an extra special day for Matt and I. The unending FaceBook messages, posts, comments, phone calls, texts, etc. were extremely humbling. Matt and I only pray that no one praises the two of us for what transpired. We truly desire for our Father to get the unending glory and praise for what took place and the journey that is to come.
Thank you to the many people who documented the day with picture taking! B will not remember it, but he sure did look cute and we have pictures to prove it!
A BIG SHOUT OUT to my MIL JANE who had B decked out in style all the way to his shoes.
And another HUGE SHOUT OUT to my MOM who came to Memphis by herself and spent the weekend with us to be a part of B's special day and her official Nona day.
I will save some time and just refer you to FaceBook for endless pictures of Brayden as well as his special day.
Afterwards we went to Trolley Stop to Celebrate. I unfortunately had to return to work afterwards. Try sitting at a desk for over 4 hours with tons of adrenaline built up.....IT'S NOT EASY :)
No comments:
Post a Comment