Please forgive me friends and family. I had every intention of catching the blog up to the present time, but it is just not going to happen. I never even finished documenting our Europe trip.
I am probably leaving out a bunch of events, but here is a quick recap of what has taken place in the Nason family since May 2013 (not necessarily in chronological order). We have plenty of pictures to document the below:
- I graduated from UTHSC with my Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) the end of May. We had a hooding ceremony, graduation ceremony, cook outs, and a Sole Hope shoe cutting party to celebrate.
- Matt's last day at The DAC as a fitness trainer was the end of May. He is now full time as Director of foster/orphan care initive in West TN for ONEless.
- We went to Destin with Matt's family at the beginning of June and had a wonderful time. I am still convinced I could live by the beach. We celebrated Jonathan's birthday, Matt's parent's anniversary and Father's day while we were there.
- I passed the Naplex and the MPJE(law test) to become a licensed pharmacist.
- We went to Nashville and enjoyed a fun but rainy weekend. We all made a trip to an indoor water play place in Mboro and the babies has a blast!
- I accepted a job offer for Med Communications in Memphis, TN and started after the July 4th holiday. I have been training until this week and now I am taking medical information calls.
- We have taken the kids to the Memphis Zoo on many occasions with many different friends/family members to make our zoo membership worth it.
- Brianna and I took the kids to My Big BackYard at Botanical Gardens and the kids loved it.
- C had her adjudication hearing (originally scheduled in August of 2012 and rescheduled many times). Severe abuse was not found on the mother.
- C has had visits with her mother on a bimonthly basis. Sometimes she shows up and sometimes she does not.
- Matt and I have moved in with Matt's family at beginning of July in Bartlett area while our house is on the market. We just cant keep the house ready to "show" with two little ones around. We feel called to move to the midtown area where we go to church in order to invest in the neighborhood/community.
- Matt has made two trips to Jackson MS to visit with Jonathan and Jenna and see his brother in action in his college ministry position. Jonathan's college group also hosted a ONEless packing party.
- Had a CFTM for C and changed her goal to adoption which has yet to be ratified by juvenile court. A court date is set for August 16th.
- We had C evaluated for any developmental delays and she passed with flying colors for being under the age of one at the time. The lowest score was in motor skills.
- We have joined the Memphis and Tennessees' foster parent associations. We have a Memphis meeting once a month. We recently went to a picnic hosted by the foster parent association.
- Every Wednesday night I meet up with girls for coffee group where we discuss scripture, life, voice struggles, etc. Matt meets very early on Tuesday mornings with two guys for coffee group.
- Attended a Redbirds game as part of a work outing. It was C's first baseball game on her actual first birthday.
- Bri and Dlyan came to Memphis and we had a tourist weekend: rode the trolley all the way around downtown, went to Peabody to see the ducks, ate at Hog and Hominey with friends, visited Shelby Farms, went to the zoo and ate Central BBQ.
- B and C both had their first pediatric dentist visit in August.
- C turned one and we had a ONEless packing party for DCS children in honor of her birthday.
- Brayden spent a week with Nonna, Papa and Aunt Bri in Smyrna in July. He loved feeding the fish.
- My mom, after 25 years of serving LifeWay, has been given the opportunity to pursue a new adventure. We know God has a wonderful adventure in store and praying for wisdom, guidance and focus for the road ahead! She starts as a sub for teachers next week!
- Christian had her one year pediatrician visit and received 4 shots. She weighed 19 pounds and was 27 inches.
- C has really taken off developmentally: She mimics most of what you do (sticks tongue out, says "Wohh") She says "mommmmma" "shew" "Dawg" "daddy" "ball" "no". She knows the "itsy bitsy spider" motions and touch down. She will do 'touch down" when you ask her how much she loves someone. She has started to clap on her own.
- C is so close to walking. She has taken a few steps on her own.
- B man is our climber. He climbs on anything he possibly can. We have found him numerous times on top of a table.
No comments:
Post a Comment