Sunday, February 19, 2012

International or Domestic?

Matt and I have prayed diligently over the adoption because only He has the ability to make all of this happen. Some people may ask, why did they choose domestic over international? We have selfish reasons as well as convicted reasons.

Selfishly, it would be impossible for me to take the time to go to another country during my rotations. I have very few, select months off and God would have to orchestrate the timing to be perfect. Do I think He could do this? Well of course, but I am not a risk taker. On the other hand, Matt and I firmly believe that although the poverty in the US can not be compared to a third world country an orphan is an orphan. Whether the child was born in Memphis, TN or across the world, all children need to know Jesus and what it means to be loved by an earthly father as well as a heavenly father.

So for now, we want to obey God's command by ministering in our "Samaria." International adoption is not out of the question for the future, but we are at peace with our decision to follow through with domestic adoption.

No comments: