Monday, February 20, 2012

Visit with Mamaw

Matt had to teach a team training class at DAC Saturday morning. I went with him to run on the treadmill and participate in his class. Matt always has a thorough work out planned, but I do occasionally complain about specific stations he chooses. (Sorry hunny! :)

 After showers, we headed to MS to spend the afternoon with Mamaw (my dad's mother). Upon arrival, Mamaw had fresh pineapple bread ready! It was yummy. For lunch, she cooked us stir fry in the WOK I gave her for Christmas. It was so nice to have fresh vegetables in the stir fry instead of a frozen bag. (once again, sorry Matt!)

While sitting around the table, Matt and I shared the news with her. I believe she was surprised due to her response. But we tried to explain the best we could how God has been preparing our hearts for months for the journey ahead.

Around 4pm, Aunt Lisa and Anna came by to spend some time with us. It was good to see both of them. I hated not being able to visit with Uncle Don. He was not feeling great. Hope you feel better uncle don! Matt and Anna love to pick on each other so they are always fun to be around. Anna had braces put on the day before so her mouth was hurting and her speech was a little altered. Hope the soreness is wearing off.

We shared the news with Anna and Aunt Lisa. Both were very excited! Anna said she would babysit for me! I told her I hoped she was being serious because I may have to take her up on it.

For dinner, we met up with Grandmother Wise and all went to eat at Mcalisters. I had a grilled chicken spud from Mcalisters for the first time. I was not too impressed. I think I will stick with my usual from there. After sharing the news with grandmother, she of course had similar questions that I have prayed about. I am not sure why God is calling Matt and I to do this before I graduate pharmacy school, but in all honesty, loving/caring for what God loves (and hating what God hates) is more important than my doctorate degree any day. Trust me, I plan to finish out my current calling as a student. And God is slowly revealing to me what he has in store for me with my degree once I have completed my four years, but for now, we are saying YES to His will for us.

Another question asked was "why we are not having our own biological children?" Matt and I both desire to have biological children one day. We have no idea if we are fertile or infertile. We have never tried to conceive. Adoption for us is plan A, not plan B just because we cannot have our own. God does not say "take care of the orphans only after you have had your own children, nor does he say take care of orphans after you find out you are infertile."

The above was a tangent and me sharing my heart. The visit with MS family is always a delight! It is nice to have a relaxing Saturday spending time with family. I love you guys and will be back to visit soon!

No comments: