As Matt and I sit in our living room this January evening, the TV is on a football game in which the winner will play in the super bowl, I am patiently waiting for American Idol to come on, it is 65 degrees with a "spring storm" occurring outside, and I decide it is time to initiate a blog to capture the journey God has called us.
To understand how we got to today, you need to know a little of the history. Matt and I married in Dec. 2008. Within the 1st year of marriage, Matt and I became aware God had placed it on both of our hearts "to take care of orphans." At the time we did not know what this would look like, when it would take place, or where it would be. We both have spent time in Guatemala and fell in love with a precious little girl named Hannah, whom we would love to adopt and bring to the US. Only one problem; she is not adoptable. Did God send both of us to Guatemala to fall in love with the people and to bring home an orphan in the future? Only time would tell.
Fast forward to the fall of 2011. God began CLEARLY saying "it's time." You're kidding right God? I still have 2 years left of school. Matt goes to work at 5 am. We are living pay check to pay check due to school payments. We have not had, nor tried to have our own children. My first child could be older than my grandmother's youngest grandchild, not to mention my parent's first grandchild. I dont know the first thing about taking care of a child. I do not have a child proof house, nor do I have a single toy, clothes, bedroom set up. I enjoy my sleep. I am working 12 hour days most days right now. And so the excuses could go on and on.......
Terrified and with so many questions, there was one thing I could not denie. God loved me so much and adopted me into his family in order for me to express God's love to the fatherless. God had blessed Matt and I with a home with two extra bedrooms, plenty of resources, supportive families on both sides, and a passion for children to experience unconditional love. We are excited, humbled, yet nervous about the weeks/months ahead! Please join us in our journey for praying for the special child (or two) God has ordained to become a part of out family.
In the next few posts I will update post by post what has transpired since fall of 2011 in our adoption journey. In between adoption posts, I will have updates on my life as a pharmacy student on rotations.
No comments:
Post a Comment