Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Picture day with mom

Last Thursday, our weekly visit with Baby Cs mom consisted of a photography session at Wal  Mart.  The mother arrived 30 minutes late. I was getting ansy because I was afraid we drove a good distance for the pictures to not even happen. And it was lunch time. I was hungry. Matt and I ended up eating a sandwich from Blimpie located in the wal mart while waiting on the mother.

The mother was lucky in the fact no one had an appointment immediately following ours so the photographer was able to wait on her.

Baby C took a few by herself, some with her mom, and even a few with Matt and I. (Neither one of us was prepared for pictures so they def were not keepers). Baby C did surprisingly really well!

I wish I could have bought some of the pictures. I am a little disappointed how Wal Mart does their packaging. Basically only the mom could purchase one pose for 7.99 package (quite a few diff sizes came with it) but we could not purchase a different pose for 7.99 separately.


The mother did indicate she really wanted to give us a few of what she bought. Very sweet of her.

On a side note, the mother caught Matt and I off guard last week. Despite her attempting to make us look as if we are inadequate to care for her baby, she asked if Matt and I would be willing to keep in contact and invest in Baby Cs life as she gets older. Of course, if Baby C ends up being in custody of the aunt legally then this is the aunt's decision, not the mothers. However, Baby C is our first (and not our last) foster baby. She will always hold a special place. It makes me think of Kam and how Mama Jane has continued to invest in her triplet sister's lives as well as her.

I am thankful we might have an opportunity to continue to pour into Baby C even if she is no longer in the care of our home. Making disciples, who make disciples is what it is all about! Maybe along the way we can pour into the mother the Love of Christ as well. Oh how I long for women just like her to find their hope in Christ and not the hope of worldly pleasures. But the only way she will know is if we tell and show her.