Saturday morning Matt and I headed to MS to attend the Parrish Reunion. For several years, the Parrish side of the family meets together on Mother's day weekend to fellowship, eat an awesome lunch, get re-connected, and celebrate the lives of those who are no longer with us. My daddy's father, Bobby Ray Parrish, passed away before I was born. Bobby Ray had three sons with my Mamaw, Don, Jeff, and Lee. All of which continue to want a relationship with their father's side of the family. I am thankful to still have connection with them as well because I am told all the time I look and act like the Parrish side of the family! :)
Saturday afternoon, we went to gmother Wise's house to honor gmother and all of the mothers in the family. It was a special time enjoyed by all! Gmother, for mothers day, wanted to have the outside of her house cleaned up. The children and grandchildren did an excellent job, rain and all.
Sunday morning was a relaxing morning before church spending time with my mom. We sat outside in the cool morning for a few hours just talking.
I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am to have a mother who has guided, loved, and sacrificed from the day I was born. I am beyond blessed for God to have chosen my mom to be Darlene Parrish. As we travel this journey of fostering/adopting, I am reminded of God's grace and mercy. God could have chosen a different life for me; I could have had a childhood consisting of foster home after foster home with no one really to love me and share Jesus with me. I am not any more important to God than any child in the state's system or living in an orphanage. But He chose for me to be born to a God-fearing mother and father and I am beyond thankful. I take no pride or boast in that; just beyond grateful.
Thank you mom for instilling truth, values, and the love of Christ. I love you! And I was honored to spend mother's day with you!
On those rainy days, enjoy doing Wii Zumba for exercise and remember how much Bri and I love you and are so proud of you!
For the special motherly examples who have invested in my life, I say thank you and hope today was special:
Brenda Carr (gran), Glynda Coker (mamaw), Gmother Wise, Jane Nason, Amanda Lemonds, Ginger Carr, Stacy Flynn, Cindy Coley, and many many more.
Sunday afternoon after church, we had a special Sunday lunch at the country club in honor of Mother's day. Enjoyed eating lunch with 3 beautiful mothers, Mom, Mamaw, Aunt Lisa.
Quick prayer request:
Tuesday afternoon Matt meets with home study writer as a preliminary meeting. She will basically set us up to pass the home inspection/paper work with flying colors. Pray everything goes well. I will not be in attendance, but I will be praying Tuesday afternoon right along with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment