I am extremely grateful for my sister's sacrifice of spending her college spring break in Memphis spending time with family. I know she would have loved to have been laying out on a beach somewhere but she chose to invest, spend time, and love on two babies.
Sunday afternoon she arrived and we immediately hopped in the car to head to Sunday gathering for Mercy Hill.
It was special to me for her to be able to worship with us at the church we are now investing in.
Made chicken burritos for dinner and played with the kiddos. B even got to stay up until 9 pm. Not sure what we were thinking.
Monday we started the morning off right with a work out at the DAC. While I have been off this month, I have made several morning trips to the gym with the babies to see daddy in his element. Made muffins for breakfast and babies took naps.
Bri and I ran a few errands I have wanted to do before leaving the country for 6 weeks.
We met up with Matt at Cafe Eclectic for dinner (food was great and of course we had to get a cinnamon roll to share to top the meal off)
We rented a redbox movie Unconditional (Nashville ministry). You should def see the movie if you have not seen it before. Check it out at link above.
Tuesday morning Bri was gracious enough to watch babies for a few hours while I went into work. I believe she survived. It gave her a taste what two full days might be like when she will watch them the first week I leave to go to Europe.
Despite it being a little cool, we bundled babies up for a trip to the zoo in the afternoon.
I made the famous spaghetti recipe I received from Charde and her mom for dinner. I can never make "plain" spaghetti after eating this a few times.
After babies went to bed, Bri and I made a quick trip to Muddys for dessert. Good thing I was not dead set on a cupcake because it was the most "sold out" case I had ever seen. Bri and Matt both got one of Matt's favorites so they were content.
Wednesday morning we were all lazy (except Matt who left early for work) and made Belgium waffles for breakfast before Brianna left to go home.
We were all sad to see her go. The babies miss the attention they receive from Aunt Bri! I know they will love spending time with her the first week of April.
Thanks Aunt Bri for coming to visit! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment