For those of you who know Matt, you know a few of his passions include biking and running. I have always enjoyed running with him, but never got into the biking.
However, for about two months now, Matt and I have been riding bikes together a few days a week.
I actually enjoy it and trust me when I say it is a much more enjoyable form of exercise in the summer heat!!
We are actually borrowing a mtn bike and a road bike from two of Matt's friends to "break" me in. Eventually we will buy me a bike, but we had to see if I would stick with it before we spent money on a bike.
Well yesterday we went for a ride on the greenline as we have several times before and on the way back, it happened.
There is a saying cyclists say, "there are those who have crashed and those who are yet to crash."
I have now joined "those who have crashed group."
It was my fault without a question. I took my eyes off the road for 5 seconds and then next thing I knew I was running into a fence. It all happened so fast and I couldn't even process what happened. I just knew the whole left side of my body was hurting.
I was actually quite fortunate and it could have been much worst. Matt almost ran over me after I fell because he had no time to react.
Dont look at pictures if your stomach is easily queasy.


No comments:
Post a Comment