Thanks to gran and g-daddy the entire family was able to spend a week together in a home "45 seconds" from Laguna beach, close to panama city beach.
Other than the first day we were there and a few random afternoon thunderstorms, we had FABULOUS weather for the beach!! I saw more jelly fish this week on the beach than I have my whole life!!
Most of our time was spent at the ocean enjoying God's beautiful creation!
Dad fished off and on for the week. He caught quite a few fish but threw most of them back. The waves were not very conducive for fishing from the shoreline.
Denny's girls enjoyed boogie boarding and got pretty good at it by the end of the week.
When inside, the girls were glued to the TV watching lil house on the prairie.
Colton warmed up to the ocean by the end of the week, but he also enjoyed getting his hands all sandy and then washing them off in his sand bucket filled with water.
Everyone chipped in to help bury Matt in the sand!
Matt and I enjoyed throwing frisbee when the wind would allow and the football in the sand.
A few mornings Matt and I went running along front beach road! We had gorgeous scenery but it is so hard to enjoy when the humidity is 90%!
Bri and mom enjoyed getting some sun and reading on the beach
Several of us took walks along the beach throughout the week.
The women+Matt did a little shopping at the Destin outlet malls and found a few great deals!!
Denny's family and I made a trip to Gulf World one day. Animal shows are pretty good. Worth the $25.00
A few nights we played board games, cards, or catch phrase.
Matt's Mom was in Destin the week before with her friend. We went to visit one afternoon before they headed home. We got to visit with our nieces and nephew as well as spend some time loving on little B. We enjoyed getting to hang out with them for a few hours
Because there was 13 of us, it was much easier to eat dinner at the house than go to a restaurant, but I did manage to get my seafood fix TWICE while we were there.
The entire family ate at Sallys (some ate there twice) and then Matt/I had a date night the last night we were there and ate at Schooners. It is a great atmosphere right on the beach! Very casual, prices are reasonable, and live music some nights! Where we sat we had a great view of the ocean and then went down to the sand to watch the sunset after eating.
This trip would not have been possible without gran and g-daddy so I wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU to both of them!! Also thanks to mom and gran for doing most the cooking this week as well as Dad and Matt for grilling a few meals!!
All in all it was a great getaway from reality for a few days. Matt and I both needed a break from work and rotations.
Now we are back to the grind!
Two more weeks of no rotation and then I spend a month at Wal-mart. Please pray for sanity as I spend a month in the retail setting.
No comments:
Post a Comment