Our baby b turned one on Sunday so we celebrated in style on Saturday with a very hungry caterpillar birthday party.
Thanks to my best friend Lindsay and her cousin, I had the most precious invitations for his first birthday. They did all the hard work. All I did was glue, cut, and write.
I worked hard over Christmas break buying what i could and crafting So that I wouldn't be stressed the night before.
In all honesty, I am not very creative. It was my idea to do hungry caterpillar because Eric Carl was my favorite children's author growing up. When I googled And pinterested the idea, it was EVERYWHERE so I ran with it.
I had all these great ideas in my head but was not sure they would all come to fruition.
I returned to rotation Friday prior to party and so after rotation, I made quick trips to wal mat and Aldis to get last minute food. I did all my baking Friday night so sat would only consist of presentation and cutting fruit.
My family came in Friday night (including my grandparents) so we just hung out and enjoyed playing with the babies.
Saturday morning I work up early, thanks to lil bit, and started muffins for breakfast.
Dad made a quick trip to store to finish the caterpillar head masterpiece. He did a phenomenal job icing the cake!!
We headed over to Janes around 11:30 to start decorating and preparing food. My helpers had to have energy so we got pizza for lunch and then we were at it.
Linds showed up early so I put her to work decorating and food preparing.
I will just let the decorations speak for itself via pictures.
We had a great turn out, and I was so excited about how many friends and family came to support baby b turning one.
B didn't let us down in the cake department. He had it EVERYWHERE, hair included. I think it's safe to say he enjoyed it.
Even though Christmas was a few weeks before, he didn't get shafted in the present department.
He got a mini computer from nonna and papa bear, moose pillow pet from aunt bri, tom shoes from Arnold's, basketball goal from lolli and pop, wagon from His favorite kk and daddy Wayne, clothes from gran, etc.
We celebrated his actual birthday with lunch with lolli and pop. He was quite excited about his "dessert" sweet potatoes. There was nothing healthy about that yummy goodness Ha
We ended the evening at mercy hill and shared his extra cupcakes with our friends
At church.
Although B won't remember his first birthday, Matt and I are so thankful for everyone who made the weekend so special for him. It saddens me to even think what his day may have been like if he was not surrounded by friends and family who love him.































No comments:
Post a Comment