Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Our beloved first

As I write this blog, my heart is heavy. I have many emotions and our families could benefit from prayers for the coming days.

Matt and I found out yesterday morning that juvenile court was to have taken place at 9:30 in the case of baby c. We were not aware of the court date nor had we been informed of the motion being petitioned by the mothers attorney.

Short and sweet, the attorney is requesting for baby c to
Be moved to an aunt's house. Matt and I have met the aunt and her husband. Her background check
And home study have been acceptable per DCS/state standards.

The judge has the potential to rule in favor of temporary move of baby c to the aunts home until the official January court date.

Matt and I have been aware for some time the aunt was seeking legal guardianship, which would remove her from DCS custody.

Matt and I agree with the reasoning Behind moving her now instead of delaying inevitable in January. Baby c needs to begin forming bonds with the aunt if she is to be her primary care taker. However, even knowing this, it doesn't make it any easier to send our first beloved to a new home.

Our biggest concern is baby cs best interest and safety. We love her but we want what's best for her.
I don't know what "best" is whether it be with us or an aunt or another family but what i do know is that God knows what is best. So we will be at peace Monday with the judges decision.

Pray for our families who have established bonds as well
As Matt and I as we prepare to potentially say a blessing and protection prayer as she leaves our home. Pray for baby c because she has her entire life ahead of her. I pray she comes to know the Lord at a young age and that it carries her through, even if her life is one of difficulty. Pray for baby cs mother because the reality of the situation is that she will have much easier/quicker access to her baby. Whether pos or neg influence, we have no control over it.

There are many more concerns playing over and over in my head but I have to leave it in Gods hands.
We will update Monday after court.

No comments: