Philipians 4:13
To be quite honest, until last night listening to God's Word through His messenger Brad Dunlap at Mercy Hill, I do not think I TRULY grasped what this verse means.
I have heard this verse since I was very young, but it did not resonate in my heart.
After God speaking DEEP TRUTH into my life last night, I can finally say I truly believe this with all my heart, soul, and mind.
Dunlap preached out of Ephesians 6:5-9:
5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.
9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.
On the surface, this passage could seen irrelevant to today's society. But oh how the contrary. Not only does slavery still exist (in many diff forms) but the concept of authority and submission is present as well, even within a workplace setting.
I am the world's worst of constantly seeking man's approval and living up to expectations of those higher than me. When in actuality, I don't have to "prove" myself to anyone because Christ proved it for us thousands of years ago on the cross. I am God's workmanship; therefore, God/Christ is ultimately who I answer to.
Matt and I have felt at peace with our decision to foster/adopt even while I am in school. However, I have had immense fear and anxiety about starting rotation today at Le Bonheur. How in the world am I going to get two babies under the age of 1 out the door in the morning to go in the opposite direction of rotation and then be downtown by 7:30-8:00 am???
You know what? I still dont know. BUT, Matt and I are living out the Gospel and He has called us to do this. Although the task is not easy or comfortable, I am obeying. All else will fall into place. Just as it did this morning with a successful and uneventful drop off, rain and all!
I will graduate in May to have a career in pharmacy, not to "better society" or make "good money" or gain respect in the "world's eyes," but ONLY TO GLORIFY GOD.
I cannot even express the weight and burden this took off my shoulders of what to do when I graduate. Matt and I have many changes occurring in our lives and knowing where we will be come May is completely in God's hands.
Whether I complete a clinical residency for one to two years, whether I find a job immediately post graduation, whether I pursue an "untraditional" form of pharmacy, IT DOES NOT MATTER. Whatever God's plan is for my life, I will joyfully step into that role and glorify God.
I do not want any credit for completion of doctorate program. It was only by God's grace I have come this far.
I am truly grateful for all of my family and friends who have supported and encouraged me along the way but ultimately God gets the glory and credit for what has lead to this point in my life.