Thursday night Matt and I attended a dinner at the Memphis zoo hosted by Fred's pharmacy.
It was pretty neat: we were able to see Boa constrictor, skunk, red tailed bird and penguin all up close!
They had a fabulous meal catered by corkys BBQ. BBQ is not my favorite but I'm Adjusting to it because everywhere we go and a free
Meal is involved BBQ is food of choice. We do live in Memphis.
Fred's gave away some awesome door prizes but unfortunately Matt and I did not win. We did get a bag of goodies including a tshirt and umbrella.
It was a good night and glad we went!
Friday night Matt and I attended a surprise party for Mike Simpson. Mike was one of Matt's buddies from high school And college.
It was at a bowling alley and his wife did an excellent job decorating and pulling off the surprise. She had cupcake stand, jars of chocolate, popcorn and pretzels, and large bowling pin cake.
Mike thought he was going to march of dimes bowling fundraiser for her work.
We were able to spend time with some good friends we had not seen in awhile like Brandon Morgan and Richard/Megan. Thankful for good friends even if we don't see each other often.
I enjoy bowling every once in awhile (esp when it is free) because I grew up going to the bowling alley every Friday night for parents league and sat morning for my league. Last night I got 4 strikes in a row and I still came in third. How does that happen?
Bowling brought back good memories of family time and eating dinner late
Fridays nights at shoneys, cracker barrel, "steak and wait" and so forth.
Saturday Night we had the opportunity to be a part of Veronica McKims surprise party. The party was at a condo downtown overlooking the river. It was such an awesome view from the roof top. We enjoyed celebrating with good friends. By the end of the night we had been invited to the next door
Neighbors karaoke party. The party got interesting with some much needed laughing. Matt and I do not karaoke but we enjoyed watching everyone else.
It was an eventful weekend but thankful to have extra time on my hands to be able to spend time with friends. I cherish it after spending so many years studying on the weekend and having to really time manage.
No comments:
Post a Comment