Time has flown, but I was thankful to spend a weekend with my husband. I don't know how I am going to handle a month in France in April 2013 without him!
Saturday morning LIL bit woke up early at 5am and was contently awake until 8. I was able to get the baby room organized with his and hers stuff so it was productive morning.
Because I had baby duty friday night Matt took over at 8am so I could enjoy the cooler weather for a run.
We made lunch for some of our missional community friends and spent time discussing, answering questions and reliving the fostering process. Matt and I are beyond thankful and blessed to have met Christian couples with the same passions. Fostering/adoption is plan A for them as well and oh how grateful we are that God has placed them in our life at this exact moment. His timing is always perfect!
The easy crock pot chicken recipe is below!
Saturday night we had small group fellowship Mexican style! Absolutely loved the enchiladas baby c's pediatrician and good friend made!
Matt and I were blown away by the outpouring of Christ's love to baby b and c. We have plenty of diapers and wipes and baby shampoo/lotion and baby food necessities!
Sunday morning we slept in until 7:30 am. I know crazy late. Baby c still was not up ready to eat.
Not going to lie it was rough morning getting her ready for church between spitting up on me and couch, not wanting all of bottle, bath time, nasty diaperx2 (which by the way the girl HATES being cold so changing clothes, bath time, and diaper change is always an ordeal with squealing and crying). We are adjusting. Lol
Matt had team meeting about his Guatemala trip after church( free lunch for the families). I am so proud of Matt and the men going. God is already working in each of their lives and although 4 days is short time, I know big things are going to be started in those 4 days. Relationships will be built and hearts changed because God's presence is alive in that nation.
Pray God is the one who receives glory for the work that is to come!
After the meeting Chris and Lindsay came to love on baby c! Linds had made headbands for baby c! They fit perfectly! It was a great catch up time! But way too short!
Being a single parent is stressful. Don't know what we would do without support system!
Thanks for continued prayers.



No comments:
Post a Comment