"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
This verse, although used commonly, is what Matt and I are clinging to at the moment for our family. Never would I have imagined myself beginning my pharmacist career at Med Communications in July of this year to be starting a new job on Monday, November 4th. I am thankful and grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of the Med Communications team if even for a short time.
Unexpectedly and unsolicited, I was approached with an opportunity to join the St. Jude pharmacy department as a clinical staff pharmacist. How humbling this was for me as a newly graduated pharmacist. St Jude is where my heart and my passion is. I spent countless hours during my clinical months in school at St. Jude and fell in love with the patients, the common uniting purpose, and the atmosphere.
I applied for a position at St. Jude towards the end of pharmacy school but the timing was not right. I never would have imagined, a few months later, I would be sought out for this awesome opportunity. I am excited and grateful to be pursing this incredible opportunity in God's timing and not my own.
The decision was not easy and any other opportunity, I probably would have said "thanks, but no thanks," because the company I currently work for is doing some cool/unique things and I have established some great relationships.
Matt and I are both pretty convinced that this opportunity is from the Lord, and we are pursuing the opportunity as obedience. Matt put it very clearly to me one evening and he was so right. If St. Jude had not pursued me, but I knew the position was open, I probably would not have applied. The Lord knew that I would need to be pursued to get my attention in order to even consider and seriously think about changing jobs after a few short months at my current job. To be transparent, I do not do well with change. I actually have fear and anxiety around change. In addition, I have an achiever mentality and am a people pleaser. I do not like to let others down or not meet their expectations. I know this is my sin nature coming out, but I also know their is freedom in Christ for all of these. I am not here on this earth to please man, but to bring glory and honor to my Father in heaven.
I have had a tough time emotionally these past few weeks and have had a hard time processing all of the "hard conversations" that had to be had with my current employer. Also, leaving behind relationships that I have been intentional about building has been difficult to process as well. I hope the relationships I have established will continue after me leaving MedComm.
Although bitter sweet in so many ways, I wanted to share publicly our exciting news. I really am looking forward to my time at St. Jude. I know God will honor our faithfulness and have no doubt I will have even more opportunities to build relationships with families of patients as well as co-workers.
So excited to see how God works as I transition into a new place.
No comments:
Post a Comment