Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fun packed weekend

Friday

Matt and I got to hang out with our two favorite people from the path class! We have not seen our new friends in a few
Months so we were past due!
We shared stories of our journey so far with the states fostering process and enjoyed each others company.

We went to fuel restaurant. I had eaten a sandwhich out of their food truck that was amazing so I was hoping their restaurant food was just as good. I had veggie burger and side salad and Matt had a bison burger and fries! It was delicious! Glad we went

Then we went to bowling alley! Haven't bowled in a few months but its always a good time when we go! I got my second turkey ( 3 strikes in a row for all of you non bowlers) in my bowing career. I don't think I ever got a Turkey when I actually bowled on a regular basis! Oh well!

Then we went to Muddys for dessert. Can never go wrong with late night Muddys! I had the strawberry lemonade cupcake and oh my goodness it was wonderful!

We came home and crashed because At 5 am Saturday we we're headed to Waverly TN for Matt to sky dive. This is fourth attempt at sky diving. Weather has never cooperated!

Saturday

Of course we arrived at 7:40 am and clouds were everywhere, no sun! We went to same cafe for breakfast I've gone to every time and it did not fail us! Went for a lil exercise walk and still had time to sit around.
At 11 am clouds had broke, sun was out but still no skydiving!
At 12:15 we gave up, claimed our rain check and headed to the river!


We headed to the river to hang out with Chris and Linds for the afternoon. I love being at the river. It's like instant vacation/ relaxation time! We went out on the boat, skied, ate great food and headed home! What a long day!
Thanks to Lind's parents (Stace and Patty-0) for allowing us to use their boat and cabin for the day! Hope you are enjoying Europe! I will be there in less than 9 months!


Sunday

Matt and I slept in.....till a whole 8 am....haha
We had a great day at Faith hearing about the Gospel and Jesus' payment for adoption into God's kingdom. Never gets old hearing about the Gospel. Ryan J. always says he will quit preaching the Gospel when Christians start living OUT the Gospel and how true this is!!!
How undeserving we are to be saved through Christ alone, faith alone, grace alone, not by works or legalism!

The only thing I can say about Sunday afternoon is WOW!!
 Once again we have been blessed beyond imagine. I cant even begin to explain my gratitude. All I can say is God be the Glory and any child who steps in this house will not be without!!
My amazing mother in law brought the below to our home for a future little one......



We will be sharing the baby stuff with our friends the Mckinneys so it will all be put to good use!!
I will take some individual snap shots of items for upcoming posts but our favorites were probably the matching Titans jersey as mine (total accident), pair of Addidas sandals like Matt, outfits from 6m to 2T, FANCY car-seats I have no idea how to install, bumbo seat, high chair, toys galore (baby rattles to crib attachments) etc etc!!!

After organizing as best we could, we just spent time together talking in the living room! Some of the best conversations happen right at home!

After spending quality time with Matts mom and getting a quick grocery trip in, we get a call an hour later informing us Matt's mom was in ambulance on her way to hospital. She had fallen at a store (to be left unnamed) from a massive puddle in the floor. Her head had been cracked open and bleeding but she was conscious.
We went straight to the hospital. Of course she spent several hours in the ER but thankful for a clean CT scan other than some minor swelling from fall. Doctors did indicate she probably had concussion which would explain the dizziness, head hurting, and nauseousness.
Thankful this evening she was able to go home with 11 stitches and not any bleeding on the brain!

I could spend a whole post on how unacceptable health care is but instead I will choose to be grateful for a positive outcome!

Oh how the unthinkable can happen in a split second!
Be grateful for every day and live it for Jesus!

Side note: continue to pray for Bangkok Team! Continue to read Briannas blog for updates!! God is doing some mighty work in the lives of the interns as well as the Thai people!

Another side note on fostering process: We are currently waiting for our last official approval to be signed off on and our house will be an official foster home. I sent email to home study lady this evening so pray for positive news tomorrow!

No comments: